Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nutz!!

I know it's not snow but this rain is beginning to aggravate me a bit. I had plans for today and rain wasn't something that was going to enhance those plans.

I wanted to get the little car waxed and buffed and then take it to the inspection station. The wax wouldn't dry. It remained gooey and couldn't be waxed in nor buffed off. A mess I had. The sun popped out for a few minutes and I moved the car into the rays. Before I could get it buffed, a light sprinkle started. I waited but it was  humid again and back to gooey  so I didn't get the car finished.

Grabbing the car keys, I hopped into the Toyota, thankful that it was white and looked a bit hazy with the wax still on it, I headed for the inspection station.  Two miles from the house, the deluge was upon me. Inspections aren't done on wet pavement so I turned around and headed back to the house. I parked it beside the house and forced myself to forget about doing anything else to it today.

A shower later and I'm in bed for a nap on a gloomy rainy day. I didn't get much sleep last night. At 0200 I woke to find myself clinging to a thin sliver of mattress with Carrie nudging me closer and closer to the abyss. Before I hit the hardwood floor, I slipped the rest of the way out of the bed and headed for the living room sofa. Getting back to sleep would have been easier had Carrie not shown up, standing by the sofa, hair covering her face, she wanted to lay down. I arranged some pillows and grabbed her blanket and tucked her in. Again, I'm up and moving back to the bedroom. All this activity has me fully awake so I switched on the television and gave up on getting more sleep. I've been up most of the night and most of this day and I'm getting a little jittery. I haven't started to see elephants or giraffes but if I don't get some sleep, I may be looking for peanuts to feel those zoo animals that will be appearing at my bedside.
Until they show up or I fall asleep, which ever comes first, I can be found munching peanuts and waiting.
I'm done!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds almost like a normal night here for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..John..you have that much interrupted sleep? You have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!