Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

I'll Get Ya Yet!

I would like to say this tale began in the dead of night. It should have but I couldn't wait that long. I was rarin to know if my idea might work.

The husband hopped into his truck and as he was leaving, over his shoulder he said "I'm going to Walmart, ya need anthing?" I swung my head in the negative as I was saying "No" and away he went.

Walking to the door and out to the front porch, I peered down the street. This was to make sure he was out of sight and not a witness to my actions. I do not want to give him any excuse to have me locked away.

Stepping back into the room, I reached down and wisked the middle sofa cushion up and headed for the car.  Shoving it under the back wheel didn't work. The pillow was too thick. I took it to the right front tire and placed it squarely in the middle on the concrete.

Running around to the driver's side, I slid beneath the steering wheel. I looked  up and down the street for anyone that might be standing outside and witnessing this. No one in sight, I slipped the keys into the heavy Mercury and cranked her up. Furtively, I swung my head to the right and to the left. No neighbors in view, I pulled the shifter down and with foot on the gas pedal, I surged forward.

I watched as the right front fender of the car raised into the air as it climbed upon that sofa cushion. I eased forward a few feet, then put the car in reverse and rocked backward a few feet. Once more I repeated this and then I backed off the cushion.

With another look up and down the street, I jumped out of the car and ran around the front to collect the cushion and get back inside the house. Was I detected?
It's too early to tell. I might have to wait a week to see if any stories start circulating around the neighborhood to know if anyone saw me.

I heard a story about foam. I read about air escaping the foam and the foam losing it rigidiness. After years of sitting on a sofa, the cushions lose air out of the foam until eventually they collapse. You see, there is a method to my madness. I was merely trying to squish some of the air from those foam cushions to get them to a softer state.

Back inside the house, I slipped that sofa cushion back in place and turned and sat down. I have to tell you, I could feel the difference. That cushion actually felt much softer then prior it's meeting with that Michelin.

I didn't get to the other two cushions. I'll wait until the husband makes another trip some where and either late at night or early in the morning, I'll run down the other ones. I think I'm onto something here!

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte Ann, that's the best thing I've heard all day.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearl..in case you havne't been following the sofa saga...had new foam put in cushions..now cushions hard as a rock!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!