Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday and May

Easy breezy~~~I've already been outside this morning and watered the flowers. It's wonderfully cool here and has been for the past couple of days. The high yesterday was in the mid 70's. It's Caribbean weather here in SW Louisiana, a break from the normal hot for this time of year. I just saw the weather forecast for the week....mid 80s with lows in the 50's at night. Could we please just have this continue all summer long? Please?

I have not a thing exciting going on right now. Carrie has a ball game this afternoon and I'm going to spend the morning spring cleaning my living room. How's that for excitement?  I'm going to do that as soon as I take some ibuprofen for this headache. Damn sinuses!

........and later in the afternoon:
I know a barrel of oil has skyrocketed so a quart of the stuff must have doubled in price too. I just got back from taking the Grand Marquis for an oil change and found that the price has doubled since the last time I had it done. I forsee my future now. I'll be buying that oil myself and doing my own oil changes.

Thankfully I don't drive as much as I used too when I worked outside the home. I can go months and months before I rack up enough miles to have to have the oil changed.

Then coffee? Have you seen the price jump in that morning jolt we must have?  I dare not check the prices now on a cup of java at Starbucks. I've always thought those that paid four dollars for a cup of Joe there were a little addle brained. Now with the rise in the price of coffee, they are sure to jack up their prices and start shutting down some more of their stores.

Where will it stop? The price hikes on food, gas and oil? I'm sure we will get to pay for all the flooding via higher insurance premiums.

We are heading into hurricane season here too and with all the extreme weather across the USA this winter and spring, the thought of hurricane season approaching freezes me in my tracks.

We may be ducking and weaving all summer here in S.W. Louisiana.

It's almost ball game time and I'm off to pack some cold drinks and make sure the canvas chairs are in the car and the batteries in the camera are charged.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!