Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogspot has returned. I was having withdrawal....

All eyes on the mighty Mississippi this week. The flood waters are on their way and sand bagging is in progress. Here in Lafayette, we shouldn't be affected but a few miles east of here in Baton Rouge the levees are already feeling the strain. I heard the USS Kidd was afloat. It's dry docked there, an old WWII war ship that is open for tours.

I finished up planting. The mailbox garden has a wide array of stuff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all of the things I stuffed into the ground lives. I drag the water hose to the road every morning before the sun gets up and about and pour the water to them then head back to the house where I water everything at the base. I start out gung ho on this and before the summer is over, I start slacking and my poor plants show the neglect. I'm going to try to do better this summer but it's hot already and I can't imagine what August is going to be about.

Carrie is on her way here to spend the evening. The hubby is outside cooking up some buffalo wings and I have a cold potato made and most of the clean up is done already.

I'm off to enjoy some carribean jerk chicken wings, my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!