Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Curtain and Action!

Carrie in her yellow sun dress and white flats on her feet led the way. We parked and abandoned the car to walk beneath the water oaks lining the street to Angelle Hall. We are on campus grounds to see a production of Beauty and The Beast. We assumed this was the college producing this but found it to be a Christian Youth Group with the oldest stage person to be 16yrs old.

This was the last night of this play and it was spectacular. We were amazed at the professionalism of each performer from the oldest of 16 to the youngest of 5yrs. Carrie was captured by the lights and music. She would share with me what dress Belle would be wearing. She applauded loudly between acts and her attention never swerved when the actors took to the stage and the curtain opened. Carrie was all about being a "Belle" tonight. Tomorrow she will be hefting a bat and swinging at a ball.

I may have a new role tomorrow afternoon. I may be the pitcher for her team. My daughter has already asked me not to scream loudly when I hear a bat hit the ball I've just pitched. She says it will scare the little ones to see me scream and roll up in a ball to evade the ball.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't necessary that I be pitching. The interim coach is sick and he doesn't know if he will be able to make it to the game tomorrow evening. Substitutes are being lined up just in case.

I can't wait to be here tomorrow evening whining my woes.
G'night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!