Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quiet, too Quiet

Janis left this morning. She is on her way to the retreat she has scheduled for this week. We set her GPS and I printed out a hard copy of directions to her next destination and after seeing her to the Interstate, I headed to Scott to see the upholstery man. My cushions were not ready to be picked up so I went to Best Stop and bought some cracklins and boudin balls and then headed for the daughter's house.

Carrie was in her tutu. Carrie looked too cute twirling around the room to show me the flare of it. Soon the daughter emerged from her bedroom with a load of laundry in her arms and wearing her black tutu. It was right here that I wish I could have just taken this in and stayed quiet but I had to ask.

The daughters' tutu is a crenoline underskirt for a Halloween costume. She was a serving wench and this was the part of the outfit that made the skirt billow out.

Carrie was impressed that she and her mom were dressed alike. I just smiled and nodded. It's nice to have a mom that knows how to play.

I'm back to my house and I should do a few chores here but all I want to do is take a nap. Maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!