Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

I Should Be in Bed

My vision is beginning to blur and my body to ache. I should go to bed and I don't know why I seem to be stalling. Maybe it's because the husband has just left town again and going back to the bedroom feels so isolated. I could just stay in the living room on the sofa and I might just do that. Who's here to direct me to do otherwise?

My legs are stretched out in front of me with my ankles crossed and feet resting on the coffee table. The laptop is balanced on my lap and bobbling around as I hit the keys on the keyboard. I'm a typist that has fingers that skim the keyboard quickly and sightlessly as I pound out my bit of daily history. I'm going to drag my blanket over me and find an old movie on the tube to fall asleep with while listening to the furnace click on and belch forth warmth. Yes, finally we have cool weather and for this I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!