Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Almost There, The Finish Line is in Sight

Between icing my foot, salving my foot and getting ready for dinner tomorrow, it's been a roaring fast day. Daughter came in today to start the rice dressing which she will finish tomorrow. Rice dressing or dirty rice as it's also known is a holiday food. Who the heck wants to chop and fry chicken gizzards and livers and then chop all those onions and bell peppers? Thank the food industry for developing that in a margarine like tub that you warm up and add some rice to and have hours saved.

I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be for tomorrow and I'm so relieved that I got a lot of it done today. I just discovered that a vegetarian will be here for dinner. The menu:
Roasted Turkey Breast
Spiral Honey Ham
Dirty Rice (gizzards and livers and hamburger meat)
Broccoli, cheese and Sausage Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potato Puff
Corn Bread Dressing
Tossed Salad
Hot rolls
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie with whipped creme
Assorted Soft Drinks

I'm hoping the vegetarian likes sweet potatoes, green beans, cornbread dressing, salad and dessert. I don't feel like adding another thing to this menu and I'm wondering if I have forgotten something on that list.

We went to Outback Steakhouse for a sirloin and small lobster tails. I should have just had a steak and nixed on the lobster tails. They weren't that good. The last time we were at Outback the floors were a beautiful solid wood dark flooring. This time they were a dizzying unattractive laminate. The pattern was diagonal then switched to vertical and back again to diagonal. Very disorienting and well, just plain ugly. The staff said it was because the old flooring was slippery but I don't understand how walking on laminate could be better then wood.

It's not late but I'm tired and I'm going to watch TV and just relax for a while. I can't go to bed this early or I will be up at 3AM. TV and my feet up for the rest of the evening sounds like just the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!