Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Carrie is Calling


I can hear her calling my name from the office where she has been sent to play her online games at noggin.com.

She spends each Wednesday night with me while her mother is working. There goes the nap I had planned for this afternoon. There goes any of the me time; my selfish time.

I do have to give hubby credit though. He spends a lot of time with her when she is here. She likes hanging out with him; he spends more time outdoors then I do. She comes in all sweaty and hot and her little face is flushed bright pink from the heat.

I'll have her a nice bubble bath ready later tonight and wash the sweat off her body and shampoo it out of her hair and I'll have a sweet smelling child by bedtime. I know I' m wishing my life away when I count down the days till August and September are behind us for another year. At that time, the weather will cool down to the mid 80's for the next few months and sometimes this lasts even through December.
The humidity is worse then even the heat and lately we have had a plentiful amount of the humidity.

I'm just not doing much at all. I haven't been out of the house in days. I need to get up and dressed and out of here for a while tomorrow. I'm going to plan to do just that. I need a change of scenery even if it is only a view from down the street!

The pain in my foot at the heel has been much relieved by wearing shoes but now I have a burning sensation on the back of the heel and calf of my leg. It is not as bad as the heel pain I was having but it is related to that condition. I'm going to give it another week before I make an appointment with the doctor and consider the option of having a steriod injection.That I'm not looking forward to!
Always something huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!