Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

27 Weeks

Has it really been 27 weeks since my TKR? Well, yes, as a matter of fact, it has been that long. The incision site looks marvelous. Oh, you might have a different opinion of my views on that but to me it's all about function at this stage of my life. Maybe my right knee won't win a beauty contest but it's functional and that's all that matters. I still have problems with a limp; I still have to do all the stretch exercises and I wish it had more flexion to it and maybe someday that will happen. If it flexes beyond where it is right now due to someone bumping into it or me forcing it accidentally when getting in and out of the car, I feel a surge of pain. This is not pleasant nor welcomed. It might be something I will have to learn to live with.

I'm posted a photo on Monday. It's been a while since I did a blog about the TKR and longer still since I posted a picture of the ugly knee. This post was started in a document program and I just realized I had forgotten about it when post time came this past Monday. Oh well. Better late then never. I'll post so I can remove it from the document file.

My sister will go in for her knee replacement soon. I don't envy her or anyone else that has to start this process. I'm sure she will be just fine and grateful a year from now that she had it done. Of course she may not feel that for a year and I hope she has the patience to deal with it.

She can get rather testy at times. Take a few breaths sis. Relax. You'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!