Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Subterfuge

sub·ter·fuge

/ˈsəbtərˌfyo͞oj/
Noun
  1. Deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.
  2. A statement or action resorted to in order to deceive.
Synonyms
evasion - ruse - trick - dodge - artifice




Between watching the inauguration yesterday and checking on Facebook, I was one busy girl. I watched Facebook yesterday as people would post some comment not incriminating themselves but "lead on" comments to get their "friends" to start bashing the President. Someone actually posted a video with the caption "Michelle Obama eye rolls and shakes her head while Boehner was telling a joke to The President" ..no sound accompanied this video so there was no way to tell what was being said. Another blasted her for no manners..elbows on the table...and still a bunch of women commented on her "ugliness". I read these comments from all these Christians and reaffirmed my standings on having no religion. I'm frightened that should I ever enter a church these judgemental people might just be seated beside me and their viciousness might be transferable.
 
These people are so much fun to play with on Facebook. My dry comments, I'm sure, leave them scratching their heads and wondering if I'm agreeing with their nastiness. Usually I can only carry this off for a few replies while waiting on the steam to build behind them and then the dry evaporates and my comments become a bit more clearer to them.
 
The ones starting the thread had not the cajones to voice their nastiness..but left it to the ones following to carry on with comments that were clear as to how they felt. These are people that instigate confrontations while keeping themselves above the fray they initiated.
 
It was interesting to see and I throughly enjoyed playing their game.
 
Salute to our President. I'm so proud to have an articulate, well educated, loving famiy man in our White House!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!