Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Foot Update

Is it possible? Is there an improvement or is it just wishful thinking? My foot is swollen but it's because I have been walking a lot today. The upside of this is the pain in the medial side of my knee has lessened. The back of the heel still feels hot and tight although the previous pain from the spur has disappeared. I'm hoping the feelings in this foot are part of the healing process from the surgical wound site and the repairs that were done.
If it feels the same or better tomorrow I will declare this as progress. I'm heading into the 8th week post op and the second week of weight bearing. I'm still using the cane to walk. As the pain decreases so will use of the cane. Tomorrow will be a better indicator of improvement. I figure if I feel less pain two days consecutively, I can claim this as steady improvement. I have to say, there have been times recently as there were with the knee surgery, that I have wondered if this was as good as it was going to get. Friends help me over this hump when negativity overwhelms me.
The daughter and Carrie spent most of the afternoon with me. We went to the Board of Education to get an application for Pre K for Carrie. 2600 applicants and 800 openings. What's the chances?
I was hoping she could get into kindergarten though she misses the cutoff date by a week or two. It seems now that Pre K might not be an option either. Wait and see we were told.
By late afternoon I was ready to return home and elevate the foot. More walking tomorrow and though it's a bit painful, I'm counting it as rehab on strengthening the leg and foot. The carrot at the end of the stick is a "vacation". I was promised and I aim to collect on that promise.

1 comment:

  1. A vacation is a good carrot...always good to have something to look forward to. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!