Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Ears To You

Getting up early has it benefits. It means I can get to Walmart and get the best handicapped parking space. Who woulda thought that I would get to a point in my life where the favored handicap parking spot would be something I would get out of bed early to get.


The Eustachian tubes appear to be clogged in my head and now everything I hear sounds muffled and when I speak, it feels as though I'm speaking from deep in a barrel. Off to Walmart for nasal sprays, a netti pot and some Sudafed. The Sudafed is now kept behind the counter and the pharmacist has to get it and have you sign for it which I did. Darn those meth cookers! I had some antibiotics here and as soon as I got home and ate some food to protect my stomach, I took one. Hopefully in a few days I'll have my hearing back.


I'm still trying to make it around using only the cane. As each day passes, I notice a much improved walk and my style is improving. Heel, toe and heel, toe I mutter as I walk. Patience and time and I will be as good as new. If I don't follow the husband on his next job, I plan on signing up at Red Lerille's and using that facility for some exercise. http://www.redlerilles.com/

They have an indoor air conditioned track along with pools, saunas and exercise rooms. I'm going to take a tour of the place before deciding if I want to join. I've never like getting exercise that way. I much prefer to be engaged in a sport. Impact sports are definitely out of the question with this knee. I may have to switch gears and hit the track for some walking and the exercise machines now.

Home made pizza is on the menu tonight. The husband is cooking but then that's how we do it around here. He cooks and I clean up the kitchen. I like this arrangement. I'm off here to await some hot cheezy pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!