Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Food Smackdown

Last night we were watching Bobby Flay, a chef that travels around the USA challenging restaurant owners to cook their specialty and compare it to his version of the same thing. Last night it was baby back ribs in N.C. This made me wish for a trip to Tuscaloosa, Alabama and to Dreamland Barbecue for some of the best ribs I've ever eaten. The Crimson Tide team favors this place. The walls are covered with signed celebrity pictures attesting to the popularity of this place.
Tonight the BBQ pit is fired up and the baby back ribs are cooking sloooooooooow and loooooooooooooong. My chef, better known as "the husband" has rubbed those ribs with spices and the mouth watering aromas are wafting through the air.
Fresh corn on the cob and baked beans and grilled sausages are also on the menu. The weather is awesome. Humidity has disappeared along with the heat and the 80 degree temperatures here are much appreciated. A cool breeze lifts the edges of the roll of paper towels sitting on the patio table and wraps itself around our bodies. I'm sitting here with the computer across my lap, my foot propped on a pillow that sits on top of the table and the TV tuned to CNN where I watch the news crawl at the bottom of the screen while the I Pod hooked to speakers plays tunes of blues, jazz and bluegrass mixed in with some of the local artists. A perfect day here in Southwest Louisiana.
The daughter appeared this morning bearing breakfast and a gift certificate for a pedicure. My favorite gift is that gift certificate to have my feet pampered. Hopefully this afternoon, Carrie will be back in town and spend the evening with us. I might even have her spend the night. Her Poppy leaves town tomorrow and she won't get to see him for a week or two.
I'll be flying solo again and solo wouldn't be a bad thing if I could but walk as much as I would like to. Time. Three months from now I should be......................
I have to project forward to another time and what that time will entail. I'm waiting once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!