Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010

It's early evening and the darkness has settled in. I'm sitting here watching Rear Window, a 4 star rated movie that has Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly, both of whom are young and handsome.


This is the last day of 2009 and the firecrackers are popping already. There is a law here that prohibits fireworks in the city limits but that doesn't seem to deter the revelers every year. This is one night I make it a point to not go out anywhere. This is a party town as a general rule and on an occasion to party such as New Year's Eve, it can get very raucous and the drunk drivers will be ruling the roads tonight.


The last time we visited a bar was years ago and the bouncers hired for this one night were anxious to use their authority; they were rude and aggressive and I watched as they assaulted revelers just because they could. Since that time I've never entertained the thought of going into the public swells to bring in the new year. If I stay awake till midnight it will be while watching the ball drop in Times Square via television broadcast.
This is hoping for a happy and healthy New Year for family and friends. Health is the greatest wealth of all and the greatest precursor to happiness. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I've tuned up a few of those kind of bouncers back in 'the day'.

    I hear on the drunk drivers, just seeing all the cars in ditches this morning is a clear indication to me that I was a clever girl to be home by 10 oclock last night.

    Happy New Year to you and Yours, Charlotte Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powder Girl: Thanks and the same to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!