Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tiltin' Kilts, Tits and Tartan

I had a plan for today and I made a list so I wouldn't forget a thing. I didn't forget anything, I just didn't get everything done. I shopped for stuff on my list, picked up another 5 rolls of unfaced attic insulation and a water heater wrap and was back at my house unloading onto the carport my insulating supplies when my phone started buzzing. It was my daughter returning my call and "yes, I will go to lunch with you..er..who'se buyin?"

Within minutes I was at her house watching as she loaded Carrie into her booster seat in the back. We were off to check out a new restaurant in town. Just today while in a store, a lady remarked that this restaurant that used to be a Bennigan's was now called the Tiltin' Kilts and that the parking lot was always full which meant to us that it must be a good place to visit. She said she hadn't been there yet and that's when I made the initial call to the daughter to ask her if she wanted to try out the new place.

We made our way to the Tiltin' Kilts and as expected, the parking lot was crowded. Helping Carrie out of her seat and into her coat, we made our way to the front door. I swung open the door letting in a blast of cold air and us with it. Standing in front of us at the hostess podium was a young girl no more then 19yrs old. Not odd or out of the ordinary except her attire. She wore a tartan plaid under wire bra that had presented her breasts forward into two bright white orbs. A half shirt that came half way across her chest, a micro mini tartan plaid skirt that started about 4 inches below her navel and stopped about two inches below her butt and white knee high stockings that ended into a pair of black two inch soft soled pumps and the blast of cold air that rushed in with us made her shrink back.

We were ushered to our seats and the table and chairs were not those tall chairs and tables you usually see in a place where the waitresses are barely clothed. At least at Hooters' the tables and chairs put you at such a level that you aren't greeted eye to chest with the server. I cast a few glances discreetly around the room and noted that there were very few female patrons. The room was full of big eyed men and Carrie can be voted a definite minority as she was the youngest female in the room although she did run a close second in age to the wait staff. In a bar setting, this wouldn't have bothered me at all. I would expect this dress but having a french dip sandwich and fries at lunch is not a place I would expect to see more skin then clothes.
I have to say, the food was very good. I think if there is a next time, we shall leave Carrie out of this visit although she didn't seem to notice the dress code of the staff. She chatted up the waitresses and enjoyed her visit.
I had to ask our waitress if she had to audition for her job in the uniform she was wearing. She gave an affirmative; then I asked, what if you get pregnant? They are given long white t shirts to wear instead of the bra and micro blouse. She said they couldn't fire them as the labor board would frown strongly on that decision. We wanted to ask for an application when we were leaving but then decided we wouldn't like working in the kitchen.
Todays' lunch was memorable and we had a case of the giggles after we were safely away from the mostly male domain. It was easy to spot the first timers there. They were the ones with females with them. I can't wait until my neighbor asks me about that place. I intend on telling her the food was awesome and leaving out any other description of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!