Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

What To Do?

43 degrees, saturated earth in this part of the world and a question to myself. What do you have planned for today?
It's only 6 more days till Christmas and I haven't bought a thing for dinner so that might be on my list of things to do. I may have to have dinner on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. If the husband is still in Texas, I will pack up and go stay with him for a few days. Christmas Eve will be for dinner and gift giving here at my house. Tentative plans that are loosely scheduled around this holiday which will be a scaled back amount of cooking compared to the Thanksgiving dinner. Ham, mashed potatoes/gravy, two veggies and hot rolls and I'm done.
On the off chance that something exciting may happen this afternoon I will hold this in draft form until late this afternoon. More coffee, a shower and I'll be ready to cope with the day.


Noon and thereafter
Errands ran, and the car needed a tank of gas and I'm back home once again. It's a bright sunny 64 degrees here and as I'm making my way around, I listen to the weather reports and hear the weather forecasters talking about the blizzard that is battering the east coast and causing road closures and power outages. I would like to say "Gosh, I'll bet it's beautiful" but at the risk of getting eggs thrown at me by the people living in that weather, I'll just think it and not mention it out loud.
I can imagine the trees bowed down under the weight of the snow; fresh and untracked by humans and automobiles. I don't want to drive in it, but I would like to sit by a window and watch it snow. More then a few years ago I would be chaining up my car and making a trip to the top of some mountain and strapping on a pair of skis while savoring the thought of fresh powder, cold lung burning air and all day on the slope then sipping some hot buttered rums at the lodge during a break. It's probably best that I don't live in ski country with my cratered knee and little flexion.
It's now 9PM and I'm watching the Saints get their ass kicked by the Cowboys. Who woulda thunk it, huh? Geeze, the Cowboys just scored another touchdown and it might be time for me to close down for the night and just go to bed. I'm a sad looser. Bourbon Street will not be filled with hell raisin Saints fans tonight.
It' s been a slow kind of day today. I declined the invitation to have Carrie spend the night. Much to daughter's chagrin, I sent her child home with her to bath and put to bed. Time out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!