Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No Patience with Stupid

My sister is out of surgery and with the sedation and pain medications on board, she is in a fog which is a good place to be if you are in pain. I hesitate to call right now; she has called another family member to phone me to let me know she is alright.
After waiting a few hours, I decided to call and if she was unable to talk, at least she would know that I did phone.
I dig out the number I had hidden in the dark depths of that jumble of stuff in my purse; I dial the number.
Someone anwers and I don't recognize the voice. I ask if this is Muesetta's room and they tell me their name; I apologize and redial. Again this person answers, denies being my sister and again I apologize.
My other sister calls, confirms the number she gave me earlier was correct and we are stymied. Sis calls the hospital to question this; the staff tells her that must be the patient in the other bed in the room answering the phone!
NOW! I ask you, how stupid do you have to be to not realize you are in a two bed room and the phone call might be for the other person in the room?
Does stupid last all damn day and did you enter the hospital stupid? You can't deduct that since you aren't the person being called, it might just be your roommate?
I sit here fustrated and patientLESS with the patient. Hellllllllllooooooo, Focus! Pass the phone to your roommate if it isn't for you!
Will I post this? Yeah, I think I will. I can always come back later and delete the damn thing.
Right now I'm going to the patio and sit and listen to the soothing sounds of the rain patting the concrete. I need it. I also would like to have a damn cigarette too but I know that's not going to happen either and that too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!