Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To Do on a Cold Day

Carrie arrived here about an hour ago. We played with the web cam on the computer then we decided to do some baking. The treat from the oven and the added benefit of the oven heat was the deciding factor.

Carrie manned the bowl and mixer and I was in control of the measuring cup and ingredients. We browsed through the pantry to see what we had on hand. Yellow cake mix, maraschino cherries, brown sugar, crushed pineapple and pecans dictated we make a pineapple upside down cake. I love pineapple upside down cake which is probably why I had all the ingredients to make one. I don't do "from scratch" cakes. I don't wear heels and pearls when I bake either. I am not June Cleaver. Poor June. It must have taken her half a day to get all dressed up to just stay at home and cook and clean. By the time I get Carrie's hair brushed and then mine half the day is gone. Nix on the heels and pearls.

This time I added some pecans to the layered brown sugar and pineapple and cherries in the bottom of the pan. I debated on adding shredded coconut, chocolate chips and marshmallows. I like all these things but I realized I was getting out of control and stopped myself. The only extra we added was the pecans.

We now have the cake doing its rising in the oven and in approximately 35 minutes we will be viewing our creation. Since I like warm cake, we won't have to wait for it to cool. My sweet tooth is calling out to me. I'm going to answer it soon!

1 comment:

  1. What is it with the Pineapple Upside Down Cake?! You are the THIRD person today that has made that cake in the last couple days!
    Must be the winter. We're all looking for something sunny...
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!