Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleep Less

Damn it! I've been up since 3:30AM. I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and squirmed around a while till I found a comfortable position on the sofa. I figured I might drift off for a few hours. With the TV on and the volume set to "low", I was almost there.
The phone started blaring so I put away the thought of catching a few hours of sofa sleep time.
Ted wanted to know if I wanted to take him to Burger King for breakfast. I declined as politely as I could seeing that I was less then happy to hear the phone ringing.
Once again, I position my pillow, arrange my blanket and find my comfortable position and again the phone rings.
What's up with this? My phone doesn't ring this often in a whole week. Now it's a brother calling. We talk for a while and I'm seeing daylight flood my living room. Enough already. I'm up. I'm going to be dragged out and sleepy by 11:00AM but I guess this is it for sleep for me today.

Maybe I'll turn on the depressing national news. I'm looking for an unStimulus moment. That should do it!

1 comment:

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!