Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

A Hop, Skip and A Jump

I'm carrying on as unusual. Usual for me would be to do some of the things around here that I had on my "to do" list. I wanted to move everything out of the living room and paint the ceiling and walls and redecorate the whole space. I wanted to order a new bedroom suite. I wanted to paint the laundry room and replace the counter and faucets. I wanted to paint the office and replace the desk in there with a smaller one.

I'll get it done but it won't be soon. I have 20 days remaining. 20 days till I voluntarily enter into an agreement with my surgeon to be incapacitated for the next 3 months. I'll be able to walk but it will be measured in steps. Steps that will eventually lead to a few minutes to hours of walking. I keep telling myself "one year from today you will be all ambulatory once again".

I find myself focusing on people walking with that springy bounce to their step; I watch them spin to turn and crouch down and sit on their heels. I see them run to catch a bus, dash to get out of the rain and skip up stairs. I'll admit it. I'm envious of their ability to do these things. I remember when I could do these things.

That is my goal. This time next year..this time next year..this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!