Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Ring Ring?

Ah cell phones! What would we do if we could not be constantly connected? I"m connected through my cell phone and my laptop. If I leave the house my cell phone is attached to my hip via the holder or hidden in the bottom of my purse. My laptop is packed for every trip along with my GPS. I'm connected!

This is Mardi Gras time and one tune you will hear often is the Mardi Gra Mambo song; a catchy tune that makes you want to dance in the middle of the street wearing minimal if any clothing, drink a lot and generally be a fool. I think this is my favorite time of the year just because of the music that is played.

My cell phone has different tunes assigned to the callers I have listed within. Hubby's tune that plays when he calls is the Mardi Gra Mambo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09xer9sVXMDaughters call tune when she is calling from her home is the LSU fight song. I don't even have to pick up the cell to know who is calling . The tune says it all.

Yesterday I was out and about in my car and I had left my cell phone at home. Of course I forgot that I didn't have it with me so when I heard the Mardi Gra Mambo song I checked my hip, then started digging in my purse for the phone. I checked under my purse, ran my hand along the floor and was engaged in all sorts of maneuvers to locate my cell. I'm frustrated now. I reach to turn off the radio and that's when I realize where the sound is coming from. It's Mardi Gras stupid..it's on the radio!

Thus far this has happened 4 times in the past week. When I have my cell with me I reach for it and hopefullly it is in it's holder on my hip, flip it open and say "hello". No response so I say louder this time "HELLO" and finally I realize I'm once again hearing the Mardi Gra Mambo on the dang radio. I'm conditioned to pick up the cell when I hear that tune. I'm one of Pavlov's dogs! If someone is in the car with me I just fake it after realizing it's the radio and not the phone and say "dropped call".

One more week and I can respond to my cell phone instead of the radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!