Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

What You May Ask.........

has kept me so busy that I haven't had time to post? I've had a ton of mail (a lie) inquiring about my laxness related to this blog.

I've been cooking and cleaning (another lie, partially). I have been cooking and if yard work counts as cleaning, then I have been cleaning. I had such wonderful plans to clean this house. One room at a time, dusting and wiping down all the furniture and then cleaning the floors before moving on to another room. I vacuumed and mopped the floors. The dust still surrounds each object that sits on the shelves and table tops. I'm very stressed if things are out of place in this house, or the floors are sticky or dishes aren't done and the laundry too. That gets done.  I never stress about dust which is probably why it still holds it's position on all the flat surfaces. The only time I notice is when house guests arrive.

This morning I attacked the storage building better known as "The Little House". When the husband hauled the table saw out of it for the fascia and soffit repair job, he had to move items out of the way to get to the saw. Those "items" were left strewn all over the floor. It was a hazardous path around bed frames, chairs and paint cans. I'm making a trip to the Goodwill to drop off some things and later this afternoon I will go back and sort through Christmas decorations. I now have a nice clean and swept out storage unit.

Ribs are simmering in the crock pot and the hot rolls are rising on the counter. Baked beans and cheesy potatoes will be cooked later today for dinner tonight.

I'm going to catch a movie this afternoon. I've heard The Butler was a good choice.

Chemo will be on Tuesday so I'm trying to get a few things done before then. I might get that "tired" feeling after the chemo which leaves me sleeping all day for a few days.

It's time for a shower and some fresh clothes...and that, folks, is what I have been doing with my life lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!