Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Setting the Hook: Part 2 Scammer fun

Just received this email from Annamarie my scammer and just as expected, the car information is their standard operating procedure. Read her letter below:


Hi again,

I decided to explain you how the transaction works in a single mail
,so read this email carefully in order for you to understand the
transaction.

We will use only eBay to close the transaction.The car is in eBay
custody at their shipping company sealed with all the papers(title
signed by me, ownership, insurance papers etc) in Omaha Nebraska. The
shipping is free because i supposed to ship the car to another buyer,
then he told me that he doesn't have money to pay for it. He already
paid the shipping charges.The payment will be handled by eBay and they
will keep the money on hold until the end of the testing period.This
way we can both be protected and insured.You will receive the car in
48 hours depending of your location and you will have the chance to
inspect it for 5 days.During the inspection period you can test the
car or go with it at your local mechanic for inspection .The car will
be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as eBay will
have the payment confirmation from you. In case you won`t be
satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship the car back on my
expense.
Email me your full name and full shipping address so I can notify eBay
that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you .

Thanks


and here is my reply to this email. I like to act confused while assuring her that I have the money but just don't know how to quite seal the deal by getting the money to her:


Dear Annemarie: I have the money order now and am a  bit confused. Should I cash the money order and then contact ebay? Where do I  look on ebay. I'm most anxious to finish this deal as my family is without a car now and my sister was happy to extend the money for us to get this car. She says it's a great deal and based upon her recommendation and the fact that she sent me the money, I'm ready to deal.
Should I contact ebay about them holding this money for me? Please advise.


She is responding quite quickly now though I don't check my email as quickly as I should. I'll be waiting on the third letter and conjuring up more silly questions for her! Check back to see how long I can keep her dangling and hopefully watch her frustration grow as the money dangled is kept just beyond her reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!