Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Games, I Love Games...Game1

Ah Craigslist. I'm pretty confident of this statement. "We all know what Craigslist is don't we? Have you perused the list and bought something from it? You have to email the person and make arrangements to see the item and depending on your opinion, you either pay and haul it away or chalk it up to another item that was described with too much grandeur. Then there are the obvious scams. Look under the car ads. There will be a late model vehicle with low mileage at an outrageously low price. Your heart will pound, the thoughts of this beauty at such a low price gracing your garage and at such a wonderful buy that you can brag to your friends at the deal you got!

Note to one and all: If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! Our greed makes us good candidates to get hooked into these scams. I laugh wildly when I find one of these ads and I play.
I contact the ad immediately with my interest in the automobile advertised at the wonderful price and then wait to hear the story that will surely accompany their reply. Usually it's a serviceman stationed far away and the car is at some port where it was left when his ship sailed across the great pond where he will be stationed for the next four years and he must sell his car. Of course the money will have to be in money order form, the car to be shipped to you post haste after the money is received. I love this game.  Below, you will find the response to my letter of inquiry about this car. Her story is a bit different but still leads the reader to believe the sacrifice of this car is just that...a sacrifice. Read on.



Hi,

My name is Annemarie Hurd and I'm emailing you regarding the 2006
Chevrolet Impala SS that I have for sale. It is in perfect condition,
with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless exterior condition,
no scratches and no dents. It has never been involved in an accident.
The interior is in very good condition, also the exterior. No
accidents, clear title, great mileage: 54,226 and automatic
transmission. I'm selling the car because my 22's years old son died 3
months ago in a car accident. A drunk driver hit him and his fiancé.
They were with her car on their way to his little brother's birthday.
It was his car and it brings me bad memories
and that's the reason I
want to sell it as soon as possible. The price that I'm asking is
$2.300
Just let me know if you are interested and where are you located.

Thank you,
Annemarie


I will email Annemarie Scammer and tell her my sister is sending me a cashier's check for the full amount. Where can I see this auto? Her reply will be that the car is miles from here and another long explanation will follow. I will post a follow up to this as soon as she replies to the letter I posted to her this morning. They get so excited when they think they have a fish on the line and will continue to email replies to my feeble excuses on why the money hasn't arrived from my sister. You see, they are greedy too and I'm sure there pulse rate increases at the thought of having someone hooked and ready to take the bait.

Eventually anger replaces the sugar in their correspondence and they realize they have been played. It's the best game on the Internet..better then Candyland or Farmville or any of the other games I have never been tempted to play. Playing the "scam game" is much more satisfying! This will be continued. as soon as Annemarie responds to my last post!

2 comments:

  1. She still on craigslist!!!!! Thanks to you I can tell he to go to hell!!!!!


    Annemarie Hurd
    8:42 AM (3 hours ago)

    to me
    Hi,

    My name is Annemarie Hurd and I'm emailing you regarding the 2005 Acura TL 5-Speed AT with Navigation Sys that I have for sale. Let me give you a few details about it: very good shape, no mechanical issues, no scratches nor dents, and it has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Has only 94,350 miles, its automatic, with an 6 cylinders 3.2L V6 engine, silver exterior and gray leather interior, VIN : 19UUA66285A031669. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans on it, under my name. I'm selling the car because my 22's years old son died 3 months ago in a car accident. A drunk driver hit him and his fiancé. They were with her car on their way to his little brother's birthday. It was his car and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it as soon as possible. The price that I'm asking is $2,300.
    Just let me know if you are interested and where are you located. (p.s please reply only if you have the money available)

    Thank you,
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah....I'm so glad I could be of service....!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!