Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Waxed and Bright

Oh my. My car, usually known as "the big car", has not been feeling quite up to par. I've noticed a slight, very slight hesitation. Wait. Not really a hesitation but more like she is running a slight bit choppy. I don't want to wait until it gets worse. The "check engine" light popped on yesterday so today I took it and had it hooked up to a a monitor. As happened the last time this light came on, I got a problem code referencing the 02 sensor so I tightened the gas tank cap. Apparently when the gas cap is replaced after  a fill up and it's replaced sloppily, the check engine light comes on and gives me the 02 sensor error. I put a bottle of "HEET" in the tank and some cleaner for the fuel injectors and hopefully she will be all better soon. If these things don't cure her problem, it might be time for a tune up.
 
 I take this car for granted as I've had her for 12 years now. I forget she is aging along with everybody else I know. I washed and waxed her today; the weather was perfect for this job. I don't want to purchase another car. I still have the Solstice which I really can't count as anything but a toy. Two seats a car it does not make. It's my "spare" car.
 
I've noticed a creak in the front of the big car now and I'll be taking her to a garage tomorrow to have her struts checked. This will be her first check up since she was driven off the car lot 12 years ago. I know I shouldn't complain BUT I'm going to do just that. My little Toyota that is now 22 years old is still being driven by my granddaughter and it runs as good as it did the day I bought it. I knew it would outlast the Grand Marquis. It has almost twice the miles of the big car (Grand Marquis) and a few sets of brakes and frequent oil changes was all it ever needed.
 
I tend to keep my cars for a long time. Can you tell?
 
Carrie made an appearance here this afternoon. We played "hang the man' which was a new game for her. She loved it. I'm very happy that she can read now. When her Poppy asked if she liked school, her response was "I love it!" She has been out of school for the past week because of fall break. By the time Friday rolls around this week she will be more then ready to have the weekend off. I've noticed that she starts to tire of school as the week wears on. I remember feeling the same way when I was part of the work force.
 
It's time to find my pajamas and my bed. Carrie's wake up call comes early. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!