Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hot August, Cold Subs

Houston! We have lift off..er...rather...we have GRASS.
The bare spots in the lawn now have a fine covering of fresh grass barely breaking the surface and I'm still watering those areas three times a day. My life is so exciting I can hardly stand it.

Since the seeding was successful that we did last Sunday, we started on the other side of the driveway. More watering and watching.

August is not my favorite month. I stress that though you can't hear it in my voice through this blog. I find it difficult to believe that I pick this month to lay fresh soil and seed the bare spots in the yard. I was saturated in sweat by the time we finished and we were not out there more then an hour. I was stripping off my clothes as soon as I stepped through the door into the house and heading straight for the laundry room, I dropped  the clothes off and reversed direction to get to the bathroom. I turned the water to cool and stepped in.

There was no need to move around for a while. Standing beneath the cool water, eyes closed, I was in no hurry to do anything else. 

Cold sub sandwiches and Ranch Doridos is  dinner tonight. The husband is putting those together. He makes an awesome sandwich. Sub buns that have butter and garlic smeared on them and put beneath the broiler, spicy Cajun roast beef, Provolone cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato and mayo and dinner is on!

A cold dinner sounds just right for the month of August. I'm off to keep the husband company while he putters in the kitchen, plus, I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!