Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

And Mubarak is Out

I'll post this here or I'll just have to save the bottle and as I'm trying to lessen what this house holds, pitchin the bottle will happen. Some of the names found on wine bottles are reason enough to try it out! Very dry.

Today was too cold. I'm not doing a weather report but I will say this. Next week we should be in the mid 70's and I'm ready.
My sofa is beginning to drive me around the bend.  The husband says "buy a new one" and that is easier said then done. I've visited a few stores and sat on the board like ones they offer. I don't want a new one. I want the one I have recovered and the sorry tale of this is, that the fabric is in perfectly good condition still. It's the sofa cushions that are tired so today I pulled the foam out of them and threw the covers in the washer. The foam in the pillows are down wrapped so I had feathers flowing around the room. I had to vacumn. 
 Downy fabric softner was added to the rinse and they were back in place within hours. It didn't cure the foam problem but I felt better knowing they were clean and Downy fresh.

I'm restless and bored. I could clean house. I could start a project here. I'm not interested in doing either. I read articles on the web, flipping open the laptop and slapping down the lid to wander around the house.  It's Thursday. I'll not publish this today.

FRIDAY: 2/11/2011
Up at 0500 and moving to the sofa, I stretched out and pulled a blanket over me and drifted back to sleep. Two hours later and I'm awake again and heading for the kichen to brew a pot of coffee. My feet slap the cold tile and I step quickly. While the coffee brews, I flip on the TV and switch to CNN to watch as Egypt's announces Mubarack leaving the country. Just yesterday he spoke to the   Egyptians saying that he would continue to hold the office of President. Today it appears, he has turned over the government to the military. I'm guessing that the crowd marching on the palace after his speech was their answer to his claim as president. I'll be interested to see how this plays out and who will lead. Today they celebrate.

I heard those familiar words around 1800hrs. "What's for dinner?" the husband said as he passed through the living room on his way to the carport for a cigarette.
I headed for the shower and was ready to be taken out for dinner. The Chinese restaurant owned by Tony, the neighbor guy, serves on their buffet  Alaskan king crab legs, and all the boiled shrimp you can eat along with a variety of other foods.
I grabbed my little Tuppeware container, added a stick of butter and set it in the microwave to melt. Tony serves melted margarine with the crab legs so I always take my melted butter along with me.

30.00 later and we are stuffed with seafood and crashed on the sofa watching another news show. I'm back to where I was at 0500 hrs this morning except now I'm full of seafood. Thankfully my pajamas, which I was wearing just an hour ago are still warm. In a few minutes I'll in bed beneath the comforter to watch TV until the Ambien kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!