Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Remotely Yours

0500 hrs. and the pot of coffee has dripped to fullness so I poured a cup of coffee and headed for the front porch to watch the healthy folks getting in their morning power walks and dog walks.

The sweat factor is low at 0500 but I wait until 0600 and daylight has shown it's face before I begin. The flowers got watered, deadheaded and weeded, two cars cleaned, both inside and out and 3 loads of laundry done with heavy jeans hanging on the line to dry. As I finished, I glanced through the French doors to the patio where the husband had taken his morning coffee to sip and have his nicotine fix. He has slept through all my racing around this morning. Doing anything outside after 0900 hrs. is just asking to be miserable. By that time, I am inside and getting showered and dressed again.

I stuck my head out the door to say "Good morning, want some breakfast?" fully expecting the usual reply. This morning wasn't "usual" so I headed for the cupboard to get the pancake mix and to the refrigerator to get the bacon. Watching the news on the debate on the debt ceiling we munched our bacon and pancakes and sipped more coffee.

Even at this early hour, I can tell you I have moved into neutral mode and I won't be doing another task today unless it's something that can be done where the air conditioner pushes cool air around.

The most exertion I plan is....now where is that remote control....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!