Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Lot Going On around here lately!

The husband has been gone a lot lately. The fascia and soffit job we started two months ago quickly came to a halt. I wasn't sad about this. It's hot and I never thought it was a good idea to start this project in July which then rolled over into August. We all remember how I feel about the summers?

Summers are a time to find a tall glass of iced tea and an air  conditioned room. Add to this that we are not carpenters and the jobs we do usually take much longer then having a professional do it. We bicker and battle through the whole job. My solution? I hired a carpenter who did a swift f\marvelous job. It was worth every dollar I paid him. The job is done and I didn't even have to help.

Friends from out of town are here and are job hunting. An unexpected job loss sent them here to Lafayette o find employment. She found a job quickly as a hairdresser. He is diligently searching and meanwhile I'm using his carpentry skills to get a few things done around here. He makes a paycheck and I get to stay out of the heat!

It has now been 5 days post chemo and 3 days since I had the Neublasta injection that stimulates my body to make white blood cells. I have not had many reactions  to the chemo or the Neublasta. The Neublasta  can cause bone pain which I have been fortunate enough to not have the pain. My main side effect is mouth sores. My tongue feels raw. Warm and  hot foods are intolerable. It's time for cottage cheese and pineapple, some cold yogurt and my favorite, vanilla ice cream. This will pass in a few days. No complaints here though. I know it could be much worse and some people do not tolerate this treatment well at all.  My blood counts were better this time then the last time I had blood drawn.  WBC's and RBC, hgt and crit all WNL. Hopefully I won't have to have a blood transfusion through this.  I'm hangin in there.

It's Labor Day weekend and I have absolutely nothing planned. College games started yesterday and I couldn't make it through LSU's game with Texas Christian.  It's much too hot for me to plan to do anything outside this weekend. I'm happy to have a cool place to hide out. 

Today might be a good movie day. I'll check the listings. I have all good intentions of going to the theatre but something always seems to side track me. I'll make a special effort today to get out of here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!