Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, Day 1

I'm afraid our New Year's celebration found us both in bed watching TV at midnight. The husband offered to take me out to dinner but even that I wasn't up to.

That cold/flu bug that has been hanging around here has made any activity not worth the effort of crawling out of bed to get dressed. We ordered a pizza and maintained a low profile. This is not uncommon for us. We both shy away from the drunks that will be out on New Years' Eve here. At best on a normal weekend, the accidents here are scary so why test our luck by venturing out on this night?

I have to say, I'm feeling much better today. I'll even get dressed and since the ball game doesn't start till noon, we can go to The Cracker Barrel across town. Last night I would not go to Chili's which is only blocks from my house. I'm improving.
Did you make a New Year's resolution? I've given up finally. It's just an avenue to depression when in that first week following all the celebration, you have violated that resolution.
Since I haven't been out of this house for a week and haven't dressed in regular clothes for the past three days, I'm excited to be doing all these things today. By this time the party goers have surely found their way home. I should be safe. Just in case, we are takin the honkin big Dodge truck.
Happy New Year everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!