Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Frog Festival and Obama




A beautiful day in south east Louisiana. Typical fall weather. No humidity, 73 degrees with a slight breeze. The Rayne Frog Festival was this weekend so we decided to go. Rayne, Louisiana is a very small town about 13 miles from Lafayette. We loaded up and before we left my daughter asked if I was going to leave the Obama Presidential family 8X10's attached to the windows of my car. I nodded, she shook her head out of concern for me and away we went!

We got to the fairgrounds, parked in a grassy field and as we were getting unloaded with the usual array of cameras and baby stuff a couple pulled up beside us and parked. This couple was late 60's or there abouts and WHITE. The lady smiled and said "excuse me?" but where did you get those pictures (she is pointing to the Obama pics). I told her I printed them off the web. My daughter standing to the side was wondering what was coming next as was I.

She said "I would love to have one"..(dismay, questioning look, trying to hide my surprise) I said "no problem, here, let me just give you one of these."

I removed one of the pictures and handed it to her. Amid her profuse thanks we watched to see if she would rip it up. She opened the back door of her car and used the tape I had on it to tape it to the rear side passenger window!

For this to happen with a person in her age group in BIG RED LOUISIANA brought a huge smile to my face and made my day. It gives me some hope that I don't live in a state totally inhabited by die hard Republicans and if she was a die hard Republican and was looking for a "change" in our political world then HURRAY FOR HER!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!