Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Disappeared and Discarded

When did they disappear? I vividly remember Denai and Kenai and all the antics shared with Carrie. She talked about them so much that I became concerned about her mental health. One day I made mention of them and what they should do when she looked at me, eyebrows drawn together and said in her most serious voice "Nana! You DO know (heavy emphasis on the word "DO") that Kenai and Denai aren't real?"
 
 
I breathed a big sigh, relieved to know that she wasn't having visual hallucinations; she was not schizophrenic and was only enjoying childhood play with her imaginary friends.
 
 
They have gone and now I have to think back to when they were last mentioned. She must have been around  5 yrs old when she gave them up. She will be seven years old on October 8th. I have tried to chronicle events in her life on this blog as I have a terrible memory. Right now her front teeth are growing; her toothless smile will be a thing of the past. I don't remember how old Ted and Elise were when they were toothless but it seems that at the age of 6, it is a clear signal of their age. Did that last sentence make sense? I'll have to proof read this when I have more time but right now I'm on a search for pillow cushions. I must get dressed and out of here.
 
It appears that I have a case of "mind wandering" this morning. This blog is all over the place, disjointed and disconnected. Maybe I should have waited a while before I sat down to this computer to post.
 
It will stand as written. I don't want to go back and correct anything...it's just one of those days! 

1 comment:

  1. ITS BECAUSE DENAI AND KENAI CAME TO MY HOUSE!! THEY TOLD ME TO TELL CARRIE HI!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!