Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

The 4th

I shopped a little yesterday. I found a lime green cotton pullover with a scooped neckline that looks the best on me and I bought earrings to match. I haven't done that 4evah. I remember those days though. A new something to wear, a bracelet and earrings to go with it, a pair of shoes to compliment.....but oh my..when did  I quit?

It must have been around the time I decided I had worked enough, had enough of the job related stress, and finally feeling I actually deserved it. Sometimes I miss having a job; then I think about tearing myself away from my leisurely days and I put it in reverse and get back in the house.

I do keep up with my grooming. I try to do hair and makeup every day. I feel I owe it to the husband. He didn't meet and marry a slob. He doesn't deserve to look at one everyday either. Besides that, I do it for myself. I always feel much better with a little eyeliner and some lipstick. I've always been a fragrance addict and a little spritz of my favorite perfume finishes off my morning routine.

I'm going shopping for earrings and bracelets to go with the other clothes I have bought recently. Just a few baubles, nothing expensive.

Carrie, the all girlie granddaughter, appreciates and mentions the accessories. She loves to shop and considers herself  a fashionnista.

Spell check just give me a warning on the "fashionnista" but offered no corrections for it. It stays and I don't obsess over it.

I'm outta here for the day. Have a Happy 4th. we are having a barbeque today; baby back ribs, pork chops, corn on the cob, cole slaw, butter/lima beans and French bread. Yum. I'm looking forward to dinner!




2 comments:

  1. I just have to ask...what are butter lima beans? Do I need the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, the husband MIXED two different kinds of beans in the pot. He used dried lima beans and dried butter beans.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!