Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

It is now at Croak Stage...

She woke but not by her own power. I slipped into the bedroom and started softly calling her name. It's 0630 and I expected her to come padding down the hallway as she does every school day. Today it was quiet so I entered her bedroom to wake her.

This should have been my first clue that something was amiss. She opened her eyes at my chanting her name and a smile didn't cross her lips. Another clue. She spoke in a raspy voice "Nana, my throat hurts."

I carried her to the sofa and moved on to the kitchen to get her a cold Popsicle. Carrie is under the weather. Sick. Not feeling "well".

"Carrie, let's stay home today. You're sick." I said to her.

"No Nana! I'm not missing school." she croaks.

I tried a few more times to convince her to stay home and she wasn't having any of it. Dressed in a red shirt and a navy blue skirt, she followed me to the car where she would be delivered to her bus stop.

Fast forward to 1500 hrs and Carrie alights from the school bus, her voice non existent. It was time for her mother to intervene. Carrie was kept home today and a doctor's appointment has been scheduled for 1100 hrs this morning.

I'll be going along for moral support and to offer comfort of the "Nana kind" should she want it.

It's time to get showered and dressed. I'm done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!