Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

New Goals

The past year has been one of two major surgeries, long runs of chemo and days of pure exhaustion from the chemo and surgeries.

Big surprise that I have very little stamina. Walking the block and a half to my neighbors left me looking for a place to sit and rest. My quads were screaming, I was huffing along concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other, eyes on the concrete and the house in the distance that was my goal.  I had to walk back to.

 The next day I repeated this journey and was able to pick up the pace though the quads were still screaming. It must be as clear to you as it is to me, getting that stamina back is going to be  an ongoing thing. I'm determined.

The shed that needed cleaned and was my goal yesterday got done this morning. I had to take a long break afterwards. I had moved stuff from the shed to the road way where the child's bike was hurriedly picked up by the drive bys. The bike was in excellent shape but outgrown by Carrie.

I'm on my way for a pedicure this afternoon and maybe a haircut. Both are seriously needed. That's my Friday plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!