Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Home for a While

We are back in Lafayette and I'm cooking. Ten days in a motel room and eating out every day has lost it's appeal. I'm ready for some meatloaf and mashed potatoes even if I have to cook it myself.

We got home about noon yesterday, unloaded the truck and started washing clothes. Even before the first load of laundry was washed we decided it was time for a nap. No home cooked meal yesterday. We again went out for our meal but today we gathered up some groceries and I fired up the oven.
Though it's hot here, I'm hungry for meatloaf and one that is cooked in my own oven.


I've lowered the thermostat on the a/c unit in anticipation of the extra heat from that oven. More laundry and more naps and that's my Saturday. The truck is getting an oil change and having it's tires rotated; tomorrow it will get a bath and we will be road ready once again. We may be heading to Houston tomorrow on a sales call.

The husband wants to go on a vacation type trip next week too. I'm not excited about this. I hate to vacation in mid summer and especially this year with all the heat. I'll be miserable.

I just checked my computer for the DNS malware that is supposed to hit on Monday. I came up clear. If my bank account is hacked after Monday, I'll know the check thing on the web wasn't truthful OR accurate on passing me as "safe'. In that case, this might be the last communication you have from me. If you don't see me around on the net after Monday, my cell phone number is 555-1212 (not a real number)

I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!