Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Anybody There?

Hello out there! Anybody home? It's my own fault. I admit it. I've become quite the slacker at blogging. I can't remember the last time I was here and I'm sure you haven't been around much either.

There is no way I can catch you up on the time lapsed since my last post so I will just try to hit the highlights.
 Healthwise, I'm happy to report there has been no bad news..yet. I still wait for a test to come back with an unwanted report. I think that's normal for those of us that have been struck with the Big C. I just try to NOT think about it very often. Of course when the three months pass by and it's time for another doctor visit or a mediport flush or a CT scan, I begin to behave a little strangely. I recognize it and I should warn everyone around me but I never do it. I think they should recognize it without my having to tell them. That's unfair to them (family) as not having this diagnosis themselves, they have no way of knowing what I'm feeling.

The other biggie is the oilfield has hit a major slump. The husband hasn't been out of town for a year now. The neighbors haven't either. We are calling it "retirement" thought it's really too early for the husband to retire. Financially, we are fortunate to have been able to save for this. When you work in the oil industry, you plan for a bust eventually. Unfortunately the young men in the industry have never witnessed a slow down and didn't prepare. There are a lot of foreclosures on homes and  rows of huge four wheel drive trucks sitting along the roadside with FOR SALE signs glued to their windows. It's going to be a rough ride for the next 4 or 5 yrs. for the young oilfield families.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!