Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Just a July Update

It's not that my life is so exciting. That's not the reason I haven't posted for a while. I have no good reason other then it's summer and most of my time is spent outdoors. Lawns to mow and autos to clean, bikes to ride and festivals to attend. On the really hot days it's inside beneath the air conditioner.

It is raining. I don't mean a mere sprinkle. Cars are floating. Boats are being used to navigate the streets in certain neighborhoods. It's mid July and I've resumed this post from when I started it a couple of weeks ago.
A cool front has swept our way. The sky is so overcast, the sun hasn't a chance of lifting the temperatures into the 90's. We have a respite for the moment. Tomorrow is another matter; it returns.

Monday we are supposed to leave for Galveston. I had hotel reservations made but I cancelled them. We still plan on making the trip and should the weather permit, we will be doing the water park there. I'm not too worried about rooms to rent. We can always stay in Texas City which is close by. We don't really do the beach scene while there. I'm not fond of Texas beaches and all the sand in the water and the seaweed strewn beaches. I can't talk the family into a Destin, Florida vacation. Nobody wants to "do the beach" but everybody wants to do the Schillterbahn (sp) Water Park.

A little note here on health:
Chemo was on Monday and a neulasta injection on Wednesday in the hopes of preventing my white blood cells from plummeting. I'm back to taking the Xelota pills which raise havoc with my stomach. After 5 days of the burning and belching and heartburn, I raced out to Peggy's house to collect the Carafate I had shared with her.
It makes a difference. I'll continue to take it while I'm taking the Xeloda. Other then being a bit tired, and the stomach issue, I have no complaints.

And on a another personal issue; I washed away the grey! Wednesday I made an appointment with a hair dressers and had my hair done. Foiled and wrapped up, she blonded it. I feel better. I don't know if I will keep it this color or revert back to my dark color but the color it won't be is grey.

I'm done here. My posts seem to be getting farther and farther apart. Maybe winter will cure those long gaps?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!