Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wanda's Vacation

It has been a busy week and a half..
I collected my house guest from the airport in Metairie which is a few miles west of New Orleans. We headed into town and found a place to park the car and hit the streets to do some walking. Soon we ended up at the Cafe Du Monde for beignets and cafe lait. Covered with powdered sugar, we dusted outselves off and walked through the French Market. The must sees we did. The cathedral, the museum and the square, we spent the afternoon in tourist mode. Later we drove lost through the streets of the Quarters to look at the gaily painted shotgun houses that line the streets.

Eventually we ramped onto I-10 West and pointed the car towards Baton Rouge. We didn't stop in Baton Rouge but continued on west into Lafayette.

For the next few days we did the tourist trip around this area. From the quaint little town of Breaux Bridge, throught the swamps at Lake Martin and touring the Tabasco factory and the shrimping village, we spent the next days busy and on the go.

There comes a time in every vacation when work intrudes. The lawn needed mowed; the sidewalks needed edging and the flower bed borders needed trimmed and that's what we did on Wednesday and Thursday.

I have some pictures collected during this visit which will make their way to my digital albums saved to view at a later date.

Right now I'm tired from all the unfun stuff these last two days. I'm looking forward to the next hot shower and my soft bed. I'm done and done for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!