Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Little Update

What has kept me too busy to post lately?  I've just been lazy I think. I did have a two week visitor so I indulged in doing nothing related to work. We took the roadster when the temperatures and the weather allowed and we went site seeing. We ate the local foods and observed the locals and on a few occasions we stayed home and relaxed.

Blogging for me is much like dieting and exercising. Once I break the chain of doing either of these things it's hard for me to get back into the routine of blogging.

The February birthdays (both the husbands and mine) were noted, the daughters came along in March. We had a cook out here for her and a cheesecake for desert and all this done the day before her birthday as we had to head for New Orleans on the actual date of her birth to take Wanda to the airport to catch her flight.

We stayed on the West Bank in Gretna at a Best Western Plus. Somewhere in my photo collection is a picture of their outdoor area filled with plants, chairs and tables. The picture is for inspiration should we ever get to the point of adding on to our existing patio.

This weekend I have been catching up on all those little tasks that have been postponed for months. Yesterday I finally removed all the caulking around the tub and replaced with new. Just that little job improved the appearance of that tub. Today I'll try to get the window blind cut to size at Home Depot and hung in the bedroom. The light fixture beneath the kitchen cupboard needs replaced and that was purchased yesterday from my list of "needs to be done".

Interlaced with the house chores, the roadster had it's oil change and the tires rotated. While I took it "in" to have this  done, the husband was changing the oil in his truck and rotating his own tires.  It's been a busy weekend here.

A pork roast is thawing in the sink. I have dinner planned. That roast will be slathered in olive oil and seasoned with garlic, onion and thyme and placed in a crock pot to simmer most of this day. Pork and gravy over rice, dressing and petit pois and maybe a salad is on the menu.

It's time for me to get dressed and pull a flat iron through the curls on my head. I want to be ready to get out of here and finish that list before I lose steam on getting it completed. I'm done here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!