Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mardi Gras Weekend

It's Saturday. It's also the last weekend before Fat Tuesday and it's pouring down the rain. The splatters as it connects with the concrete is loud and constant. Severe storm warnings have been issued and we wait for it to pass and the warnings to be lifted. Parades and Boucheries scheduled for today have been cancelled. This is the first time since I've lived here that I can remember cancellations of Mardi Gras festivities.

The lamps around the living room are glowing to chase the dreary look from the room. Heavy clouds empty as they pass over this house and of course there is no sunshine to add sparkle to the rooms. The lamps warm up and chase away the gloominess and actually create a cozy atmosphere. I want to sleep.

Traveling is not on my "to do" list today. An old movie is playing on the TV and as I type this I peek over the laptop screen to watch. Both of these activities are barely enough to stimulate my senses enough to keep me awake. Before I actually fall asleep and plant my face into this keyboard only to awaken hours later with "asdf jkl;' imprinted across my forehead, I'll close this down and pull the covers over me and say "g'night" for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!