Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Food and Warmth

So what's all the fuss about? We had to start wearing long pants and shoes on our feet in direct address to the cold weather that has swooped down on us from the north. This  does not bother me in the least. I'm not sweating; summer is held at bay and I'm happy. Oh yeah,  a few more millimeters of mercury on that ole thermometer would make it perfect and we could rid ourselves of the long pants and shoes but I can deal with it.

How do I handle it? I have a soft cushy pillow at one end of my sofa and a nice fuzzy warm lightweight blanket. After doing a little touch up color work on my hair this morning, I assumed the position I favor on a cold windy day and with the remote control in hand and the TV tuned to a favorite show, I slept. A nice long nap while the pork roast simmered in the crock pot accompanied by a pan of fresh sliced carrots steeped in butter and brown sugar waited on the stove top. I'll add some fresh asparagus to a pan to be steamed and served with hot biscuits for dinner.

My solution to this cold wave is a nice long nap with an even nicer long meal to enjoy while the wind whips the bushes in the back yard and whistles around the metal flashing that supports the metal chimney on the roof of this house.

I'm nice and cozy indoors and I'm not sweating. I'm having a happy day here and I hope this finds you as comfy as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!