Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Lazy, That's Me! December 23, 2016

Though I rolled out of bed at 0500 hrs. and stood half asleep watching the coffee drip down into the pot, stealing a cup half way though it's cycle, I thought about stretching out on the sofa and going back to sleep.
Instead, I gathered up all the ingredients and the baking pans and started making the bread pudding. I'll gift it to neighbors and to Carrie's best friend's mom.

Hours later Carrie is out of bed and breakfast has to be served. Two scrambled eggs with cheese and a hash brown patty needs only a luncheon plate. Carrie eschews the bacon and toast. She doesn't like much to eat early in the day.

I know there is something I should be doing for Christmas preparation as usually I'm stressed out with all the things needing to be done. Maybe it's because we are grilling out. Steaks, baked potatoes, salads and a pot of Gumbo with rice, and potato salad for those "extras' that might appear. Christmas Day will be with temperatures in the 70's. No rain is forecast so the meal may be served on the patio. Why not? Most of the people here prefer to be outdoors. I'll set up the extra table and move chairs to the outside. There is a big screen TV hanging from the ceiling where the ballgame will be watched. We can't halt ball games, even for Christmas.

Carrie is packed and ready to visit her father. She will be gone until Sunday afternoon when she will rejoin us for the celebration.

SATURDAY MORNING:
I was apparently too lazy to finish that post yesterday or I just didn't have much to say. I've been out of bed since 3AM. I've cleaned two bathrooms,  put fresh sheets on Carrie's bed and cleaned out the fridge. The husband is in the shower and off to the market later to get the makings for Civeche (sp) and some Margarita mix. We will spend this afternoon on the patio with friends. It's going to be in the high 70's today and tomorrow and we are grilling for Christmas.

I'm trying to roust a friend from her bed but so far not much success. She is a shopper and I'm not so I like to take her along to keep me in the stores but once I've purchased what I need, I'm ready to get out.

DECEMBER 25
Well here it is Christmas Day. Oh, Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday, take your pick.
I hesitated to post this as I couldn't find a path that usually unfolds to me as the my fingers start tapping out words on the keyboard. It's as much a surprise to me as it is to you because I seldom know what will happen or where it takes me  while on the keyboard.

I was perusing pictures around the web. This may not be what this post was intending to share, but I want to just make one point and then I'll publish this troublesome post that has been without direction.

When I die and you know I will. You will too. It's just part of living but we all know that don't we?
Please don't share a photo of me on death's door. I've seen people publish pictures of loved ones that were gaunt, emaciated,  hollow eyed and hairless. I've known some of these people and they had pride in themselves. They were usually well groomed and dressed neatly. They may or may not have been handsome but well groomed they were.
 I'm one of those people. Not always of course but I roll out of bed and into the shower after starting a pot of coffee. The first thing that needs attention after brushing my teeth is my eyebrows. It's just amazing what a great pair of eyebrows will do for your face. My eyebrows have disappeared to light barely able to be noticed thin arcs that used to frame my eyes. Somedays I have dramatic eyebrows, a pencil used not to draw a line but to draw hairs. Hair stroke after hair stroke lends realism.  Eyebrow pencil applied, I move to some eyeliner and a swatch of bright lipstick completes my regime. Hey, I never said I spent hours getting ready did I?  I spend just a very little time but I feel much better afterwards. For special occasions I might apply foundation and blush but that's not a daily thing. I usually do this FIRST thing in the morning and should I have to leave the house in a hurry, I'm presentable.

Next, the hair. My limp hair has finally been tamed. The chemo has changed the texture. The lack of estrogen has taken care of it's thickness. Around the crown it has thinned. Finally after three years I've started using 'product' in it. Got To Be Glued has to be the best thing that Walmart sells. It's a gel that allows a bare, bare amount to be used or the hair will be concrete. Add some Got To Be Glued Hair Spray and I have the look of thick hair that is full,  no longer a limp mass on my head.

Use one of those pictures please. And should I last another 20 yrs, then an updated picture will be fine. Make sure my hair is done and I don't look like a cadaver. If I do, then use an older photo that resembles me and not a corpse.

 A picture was posted recently of Cha Cha Gabor. You remember her, right? The Hungarian blonde beauty that made the rounds in the 60's and 70's; hair was always coifed, she was elegant. That picture shown at her demise was one of hair that splayed out from her hair in a halo of gauzy dried mess. I realize she was ill but I find it difficult to believe she couldn't have had some care and attention to her appearance. Baring that, maybe a camera shouldn't have been used to record her until her appearance was attended to. I thnk she would have been appalled.

A little lipstick goes a long way to making a gal look presentable.

I'm done here. My post found a purpose. I'm leaving it in your hands to make sure these wishes are fulfilled. It's time for my shower, hair and makeup. I'm running late.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!