Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

One Last Deck Installment

Drills were charged up and the chop saw was plugged into electricity. I had already made my trip to the home supply store for the balustrates. More of them to finish the railing and that's what we got done today. The damn deck is now pretty much finished. The roof needs to be added but at least the deck can be used for cookouts, lounging and fun. Carrie can entertain her little friends beneath the pine trees and dodge those big pine cones that occasionally come hurtling out of the trees. I got  bombed with one today and after I stopped screaming, I realized waht had hit me. Feeling a bit foolish, I grabbed it off the ground along with the other ones laying around and pitched them into the trash receptacle. 

I must say, I'm not embarrassed about the job we did on the deck. I still want to chock up a few of the posts and add a few more screws here and there on it but all in all, it's safe now to have guests visit. In a month or so it will be stained a light brown and then be bathed in Thompson's water seal. If taken care of yearly it should last for many years.

If nothing else, I learned a lot from this project. The roof will be another learning process too. 

It's time to take a little "me" break and that's exactly what I intend on doing tomorrow. I'm going to disappear for a few days and wander around on the eastern seaboard. I don't have a destination in mind nor do I want one. I don't have a plan either and when I get tired of roaming, I'll return and that's the only thing I'm positive of at this time.

It's time to pack. I'm tired. It might be time for me to get into bed. Yep..it's time. Night all..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!