Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Covid Report Update Day 12

“I’m hungry” he said. “What would you like to eat?” I asked. The guessing game had begun. I use to suggest different things that he might like. That game has gone. I now tell him “I’m not playing a guessing game. You tell me what you would like to eat.”

Him “Bologna, do we have bologna?” “No” I replied. The next question left me wondering if Covid had damaged part of his brain. It’s 10PM. He said “Bearclaws. Do we have bearclaws”. 

Every day I’m off to the market to fulfill special request of which he eats barely a few bites. I now have a half gallon of Blue Bell country vanilla, 1/2 gallon of  Blue Bell Strawberry w/vanilla ice cream and today 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell Strawberry ice cream added to my already over filled freezer. 

Yesterday was beef and noodles. Today was a roast with onions and potatoes and glazed carrots. Each day I try to tempt his appetite. He eats but very small portions. 

My refrigerator looks like the patients snack fridge in the hospital. Small individual containers of jello, jello with fruit cocktail, rice pudding and vanilla pudding. Very little of it was tempting to him so I enjoyed them. 

This update is to say he hasn’t spiked a temp in 3 days, his 02 sats are in a safe range and he is awake most of the day. His only complaint is weakness which is to be expected after spending 8 full days and nights in bed. 
Today I requested he walk to the mailbox and get the mail. After a little grumbling and sighing and proclaiming his weakness, he did as requested. It might be time to give him “child chores” as my daughter suggested. Vacuuming,  dusting and cleaning the glass top coffee table to get him moving. 

I’m ready to go back into retirement. This patient, non compliant and stubborn, has been a full time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!