Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

And on the 9TH Day……

And after 8 days of total exhaustion, low 02 sats, Tylenol for temperature, the husband has rounded the corner..or at least in my opinion.

For the first time in these “since infected” days, he, without prompting, walked to the living room and sat in a chair. When asked “do you feel any better?”, his response was “A LITTLE”. I sighed. A minor sign but. I’ll take it. His next response  was to ask for some toast. Another sign. He stayed awake most of the day and didn’t have to have Tylenol. His sats were at 92. 

He has rounded the corner …YES! 

A few times I thought I might have to take him to ER. Every 2 hr. Monitoring his condition, but a few times got scary.

When he went back to bed last evening and was awake watching TV, I told him “you are getting better” but he didn’t agree with me.  “How do you know?” He asked. “Just staying awake, asking for food, sats acceptable, afebrile” I said. 

I know he has a ways to go before he feels strong and is able to resume ADL’s but the danger of hospitalization, I feel, is gone. I will continue to monitor him closely in the following days but I think we are in the recovery phase!

Get vaccinated..please. It’s very important…just ask Fidel. He will tell you how important it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!