Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

The mechanical breeze from the fan overhead wafts against my face, the wet hair clinging to the back of my neck catches a bit of the air too, causing a wonderful chill. I've been in the kitchen, on and off all morning. The carcass of the turkey exposes itself to the remainders of the side dishes lined up on the counter. Another Thanksgiving feast has come and gone leaving bits and pieces of leftovers to be plastic encased and placed in the refrigerator.

Thankful? Yes. I'm thankful the task of cooking is over. I really don't mind the cooking; it's the finish line that gets a bit hectic with the last minute gravy making and potato mashing, while keeping an eye on the hotrolls that are browning.

I had a bottle of wine, cork removed and breathing, poured and consumed, almost entirely mine alone.

It's nap time. Could it be the combination of wine and good food?
Happy Thanksgiving one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!