Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Grateful....yes I AM

An interesting day once again. The Prednisone is waning and I've noticed a definite decline in my ability to suck oxygen. It's not as bad as "pre Prenisoene" but it's not quite to normal either.


I refused the oxygen therapy the doctor wanted to have me on and I promptly got a call from him when he found out that I was not interested in the sleep apnea study either.  Apparently my 02 level dropped to 82 percent 314 times during the night I was monitored. This is not considered even a mild case of sleep apnea and he was concerned.

I'm doing an "at home sleep apnea" study tonight which then will lead me to a CPap machine that will become my new sleep companion. I'm not thrilled. This won't cure the inflammation I'm dealing with in my lungs but it will help save my brain, heart, kidney and other internal organs that have a decline in function related to oxygen starvation.


Ah the golden years are here aren't they? When do I start to shop for incontinent briefs? I can still sneeze and have dry panties so I'm counting myself fortunate for a few things. I still have my teeth (barely and costly to be able to say this) and my metal knee gets me where I want to go.

I'm going to spend today just being grateful. As time goes by I understand more and more the phrase "Youth is wasted on the young".  That's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!