Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

What???

I have to type quickly ...I don't want to have this fade.

I went to bed around 9:30 knowing this was way to early for me to do this. I'll be awake at 3AM having slept my normal 6 hours so I usually make myself stay up until 11PM. Sleep I did.

It was snowing and cold and Carrie and I were riding through the Rockies at night. We had to order a Pizza for mom and my sister who were waiting on us in Louisiana. Both Carrie and I were wearing shorts. This trip wasn't planned.. We just jumped in the car and took off.
Sometime later we exited interstate and arrived at a motel where we would spend the night. We got a room and decided to go for a little walk. I know there were young men a few years older then Carrie in the halls of that motel, doors open across the way and of course they immediately struck up conversations with Carrie. '
Some time later and soon, Carrie and I decided to go for a walk and we stopped at snowy scenes to take some pictures of her. The Tetons were in the background. A strange young lady appeared and posed with Carrie but before I could get the shot, she disappeared out of the camera viewing area.
Carrie and I walked a bit further and on a ledge we sat down and laid back watching the snow fall on us. Soon two couples joined our area. One was newly weds and the other couple was a lady a woman with multiple ailing. Though her health was compromised, she was very friendly. We talked with them a while.
We decided to leave; we still had a pizza to find.
When we got back to the room and walked to our room, loud music and open doors down the hall with garbage strewed about. What kind of place is this. We went into our room and the young men were there. They had rented part of our room. Because of the virus, that was the new policy of the motel. Share a room. Carrie and I headed for the managers office. the window was closed and there was a bell to ring to get her to come to the door. We moved on. Staying the night was not an option.

The next thing I remember was we were at a building and there were a lot of people there. We decided not to stay:  the group was really drunk and rowdy. Suddenly I started missing my purse. I knew I had left maybe on the trail  so now I'm really frightened. The purse, credit cards and ID was missing. Did I set it down on the trail. Big fear of mine when traveling far from home is losing my means to survive ie. credit cards, cash and driver's license.  Still whimpering and saying 'no, no and no, I drifted upward and our  of this dream; still whimpering about losing that purse. It took me a few minutes after waking to realize it was but a dream and a weird one. I immediately grabbed my laptop to record everything. Memories of dreams fade so fast.

My thoughts on this? The Covid 19 is ever present in our daily lives. I was talking to my friend about not being able to take a long trip this summer with Carrie. I have the means but I don't have the ability. Too scary to travel right now and the national parks have been closed. Going into another state with this virus everywhere would be a thing to consider. The people in this dream, the lady with all the ailings? Was she tested positive?  The motel and sharing a room? Were renting motels to present a problem? Sharing with strangers and keeping our social distances?  

It was snowing and we were in the Rockies; a place I love and always willing to visit.

This post isn't supposed to make much sense. After all it was a dream and just something I wanted to record before it faded.
3AM in the morning, in my bed and back to sleep after swallowing an Ambien. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam posters. Leave a comment! It's nice to know you visited!